Dear St. Joseph Aurora Families
A grade 2 student at St. Joseph Aurora has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour called D.I.P.G. (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma). You can learn more about this child’s journey by visiting http://www.savinglaura.com
We have collaborated and developed a small planning team to support this child and her family living expenses while undergoing treatment in Houston, Texas.
The following actions are planned and all proceeds will be deposited in the CIBC Trust Account.
- Children in the class have created cards, letters and pictures of support. These special items, along with Christmas presents, will be sent to Houston this week. A religious education consultant will visit the class to support the children and answer any questions they may have at this time.
- A zumba class will be taught at St. Joseph Aurora on December 19th from 4:00 – 5:00 for any interested adults, 16 years or older, in our community. All proceeds will be directed to this fund.
- December 19th is a Civvies Day at St.Joseph. All students, staff and visitors to the school are invited to wear their pyjamas and donate a toonie.
- Looms for Laura – Rainbow Looms are a fun and exciting craft. Plastic bands called looms are used to make bracelets. Students at St.Joseph will be invited to make a Loom for Laura and they will be sold throughout the community.
- A Family Benefit concert will be held in the gym at St.Joseph Aurora on Thursday January 16th from 7:00 -9:00 pm. Tickets will be sold in advance for a minimum $5.00 donation. Stay tuned for more information about this event. There will be a silent auction. If you have items you wish to donate, please contact the school at 905 727-5782 or email at email@example.com
- Finally, we ask that you and your family keep this child in your prayers every day. Prayers, novenas and intentions will continue to be offered from both the St.Joseph Aurora community and Our Lady of Grace Parish.
“Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you.”
Thank you for your continued support,